Is affiliate marketing Dead? No. But it has been more competitive than it has been. Read through the entire article and I will explain why affiliate marketing is not dead and why you should read this before you even start doing affiliate marketing.
Aside from people asking if affiliate marketing is dead, these questions have been asked thousand times too:
Is affiliate marketing saturated?
Is it too late to start affiliate marketing?
Before going further into details, did you know that affiliate marketing existed even before the rise of the digital world? Yes, businesses such as shops have been doing a reward program and other ways of giving incentives to customers.
But the affiliate marketing on the web has started way back 1990s. A business owner named William J. Tobin is the pioneer of internet affiliate marketing. And was even granted the affiliate marketing and tracking patent in 2000.
Table of Contents
Is affiliate marketing Dead? Things You need to know.
Is affiliate marketing dead? No, affiliate marketing is not dead. In fact, it has been growing drastically and is here to stay for as long as there are business owners who are willing to pay affiliate marketers to promote their products.
Affiliate marketing is not dead but it has been changing over the years. Changing in the way people approach affiliate marketing and changing in a way that it has been more competitive as compared to when it started.
By 2022, affiliate marketing spend is due to reach $8.2 billion which is way more than the recorded $5.4 billion in 2017 according to Statista.com.
Giant companies like Amazon have been growing exponentially, left and right rise of different products and businesses, the booming e-learning and the like say it all that affiliate marketing is not dead and is here to stay.
So if your next question is Is affiliate marketing legit? 100% yes. But it depends on what product and company you are planning to promote. Still, always be keen on scammers. As the digital world is rising, so with scammers luring people around.
Is affiliate marketing worth it?
Is affiliate marketing worth it? I say yes. Affiliate marketing is worth trying for. But before you think of doing affiliate marketing, you should start approaching it as a business.
Be serious, have a goal, and never go for the “get-rich-quick system”. I tell you this get rich quick systems doesn’t exist. There are lots of affiliate marketing free courses that you can watch on YouTube (know the talkers from those few genuine gurus).
You need to make a plan, set your goals, and get up every day to make it happen. That’s how it is.
Is Affiliate Marketing Difficult?
Is affiliate marketing hard? Not really. Affiliate marketing is competitive nowadays but it is worth doing and it is not as difficult as it seems.
Depending on your niche and your option, if you are a beginner and want to start affiliate marketing with paid ads right away, then yes it is difficult. Why? You need to learn how to do paid ads so you won’t lose your money.
But if your approach to marketing is through content creation, then It is easier.
You can do affiliate marketing through blogs, answering questions on forums, YouTube videos, and the like. You can also do affiliate marketing using social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, Snapchat, and the like.
There are many ways to promote affiliate products, so depending on your niche and your approach, then there you get the answer if affiliate marketing is hard.
Is Affiliate Marketing Profitable?
Yes, Affiliate marketing is profitable if you are doing it the right way.
Have you noticed those ads popping on YouTube, or those ads appearing on Google and other search engines? Most of those ads are affiliate products and services from affiliate marketers promoting their chosen niche.
If they are continuously paying for ads, it means they are profitable. People would say put a dollar in and take a dollar 2. So yes, affiliate marketing is profitable, but again you should learn the right way to do it.
Important changes in Affiliate Marketing
- Affiliate marketing has become more competitive.
- It is undeniable that affiliate marketing promises an extra online income and of course, who would not want to take a slice of the pie?
- As the digital world evolves, so is the ways to promote affiliate products and services. Like what I mentioned above, that you can do affiliate marketing through paid or organic traffic.
- It has been more competitive but there have been more and more products and services in different niches to promote.
- Affiliate programs are not open for everyone.
- Because of the increasing numbers of people who want to jump into the lucrative affiliate marketing business, companies and business owners are more selective in choosing their affiliates.
- In the fashion industry, for example, Big brands choose big influencers with huge social media followers, or with a good reputation to promote their products.
- Amazon’s own affiliate program called Amazon Associates is by application with strict rules for affiliate marketers to abide by.
- Other affiliate marketing platforms like Connection Junction, Clickbank, ShareASale are by application and some by geographic location.
- Affiliate Marketing has now been easier to promote as compared before.
- Facebook ads, Instagram, and other similar platforms don’t exist during the start of affiliate marketing, thus there is a limited option on how to promote affiliate products, but was less competitive at that time.
- Affiliate marketing can be promoted through:
- Paid ads (Facebook ads, Google ads, YouTube ads, etc)
- Organic traffic: Forums, Blogs, YouTube Videos, Facebook page, Instagram, Email, Newsletter, etc.
If you want to start affiliate marketing, then check this blog where I listed free affiliate marketing courses and affiliate marketing books you need to read before starting an affiliate marketing business.
Is affiliate marketing dead? No, affiliate marketing is not dead and based on the growing statistics, affiliate marketing will still live long. But it is undeniable that this affiliate marketing business has been more competitive as it was before, but don’t forget to consider also the ways to promote affiliate products and services has been easier, and thanks to the rise of technologies, apps, and tools.
Due to the rising numbers of people wanting to take a leap of this booming business, well-known brands and giant companies are more selective on who can promote their products and services. This is to avoid spammers also who will just leave their affiliate links all over the internet.
Big brands and companies have their own affiliate program so yes, affiliate marketing is legit and profitable. If you do it right.
There has been a lot of success stories of regular people who were able to quit their job because of affiliate marketing.
Affiliate Disclosure: This blog contains affiliate links. I get paid with a certain commission for every successful sale or sign-up WITHOUT any additional cost on your part. I am an independent affiliate marketer and am not in any way related to the personalities and companies mentioned in this blog post.